Been a while, I posted the last post; simply because I looking for new inspiration for my meal. Obviously this is not a new idea but along the line I cooked for my pleasure, and satisfied my hunger. Is easy to cook.
- 8 strips of bacons, chopped into medium piece
- 100g pancetta, cubed
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 250ml red wine
- 2 tbsps of tomato puree
- 1 can of plum tomato
- 300g penne pasta
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black papper
- 1 stalk of leek, chopped
- 200g Parmesan cheese, granted
- Fresh Basil, chopped
- Heat up a pan with pancetta and bacon, when the fat of the meat is release adding the crushed garlic and stir fry until golden brown and set aside.
- Empty the can of tomato into deep pot with medium heeat. Fill the can with a quater of water and pour into the pot, then you can mash it with potato masher until the plum tomato had completely mashed, add in the wine, and give it a stir, then tip in the cooked bacon and pancetta, tomato puree, salt, blackpapper, leek and cheese. Keep stirring the sauce otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pot. Once is done set aside
- In another pot of boiling water, add salt into the boiling water then tip in the penne and cook until al denta. Drain and return the pasta in the hot pot with some olive oil and stir the pasta until is coated with olive oil.
- Scoop the pasta onto serving dish, and dollop the red sauce on pasta and garnish with basil. You done!