My large plate of salad that I rustled up some bits and bobs in the fridge before I go I home visiting my Mother.
Nothing technical in this dish, no measurement is needed at all either, but the special ingredient is the “gravy dressing”, I will reveal the delicious and naughty ingredient. Here is how I make this salad special for myself.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Hard boiled egg
- Button mushrooms
- Bacons, chopped
- French beans
- 2 gloves of garlic, chopped
- About 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- About 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce
- Pinchh of salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tbsps of water
- A knob of butter (30g)
- Tearing the romania then wash the romania and dry it with salad spinner. Set a side.
- Bring the water to boil then put a pinch of salt into boiling water and place the eggs for 8 minutes, drain and set aside to cool down before peeling off the shell.
- Heat up the non-stick frying pan, put the chopped bacon into the pan and fry about 3 minutes or until the fat of the bacon came out and golden brown and then add in the chopped garlic. Once the garlic is brown finally drain the whole lot of bacon garlic through sieve, reserve the bacon fat.
- In other pot bring the water to boil, add some salt; and then put the French bean to cook about 2 minutes, then add the mushroom to cook both for another 1 minute. Finally plunge it in cold water to stop it cooking further. Drain both in colander and make sure is well drain and tap it dry.
- In a sautee pan heat up 2 tbsps of water and 30g of butter until emulsify together, put the french bean and mushroom into the pan. it will splash do be careful on that, sauteed it for 3 minutes.
- On the serving plate, place everything together, sprinkle some course salt.
- To make the dressing, simply add the bacon fat into jar, add some salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, worcestershire sauce. Clam the lid on and shake it well, pour over the salad. You can tuck in for it.
Voilà! Bon appétit.