You could make it as spiced holiday cake too by half the vanilla and add 2 teaspoons each of ground cinnamon and ginger and half teaspoon of ground cloves.
- 225g soft butter, plus more for greasing (or use flavourless oil spray)
- 300g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 350g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 4tsps vanilla extract
- 2tbsps icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put a baking sheet in at the same time.
- Butter or oil your large, regular or fir-tree shaped bundt tin. (I use oil-sodden kitchen paper to do this)
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time into the sugar mixture, whisking each one in with a tablespoon of flour.
- Fold in the rest of the flour, and add the yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Pour and spoon the mixture into your greased tin and spread evenly.
- Place the tin on the preheated baking sheet in the oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes until well risen and golden. After 45 minutes, push a skewer into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is cooked. Let it sit out of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Gently pull away the edge of the cake from the tin with your fingers, then turn out the cake, hoping for the best!
- Once cool, dust with icing sugar pushed through a small sieve.
Thinking of fresh snowfall on the alps, then you will sing along Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.