I like to cook pasta, I love the idea of conch (English translated from conchiglie), the shell shape of the pasta allows the sauce or bacon to adhere to it and it sort of pasta with a loose filling.
I zested some lemon just to giving a summer taste of the sunshine pasta, feeling like on the seashore of Italy and enjoying the beauty of Mediterranean. Lovely!
- 10 streaky bacon,farely fine chopped
- 100g Conchiglie pasta
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 20ml of cooking cream
- 1 egg
- 15g parmesan, grated
- Zest of half lemon
- Boil some water in a pot, when the water is boiling add salt and give it a stir then add in the pasta, cook for 12 minutes or or until al dente. (if you using dry pasta, if is fresh pasta approximately about 3 minutes otherwise follow the intruction of the packet)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up a frying pan, popped in the bacon and fry the bacon until golden in colour and strink. The the fat of the bacon will appeal in the pan, reserve the fat by strained it through a sift and put the fried bacon into bowl.
- To prepare the white sauce. In clean bowl, pour in the cream, add the egg, lemon zest and parmesan then give it a whisk with fork until everything combined.
- When pasta cooked, strain it throughly. (Got to work fast here) In the same hot pot with lowest heat add in the reserved bacon fat and then return the strained pasta into the pot, give it a good stir, finally add in the cream mixture and gently stir everything until well mix and pasta coated by cream.
- Served it on warmed plate, for final touch, sprinkle the freshly chopped parsley and served. Happily! Have a glass of lemonade with it is even much better.