One tip before diving in is to grab an old toothbrush for your applicator if one isn’t included in the recipe. Although steel wool and abrasive brushes are thought to really “scrub” away the rust, they also can cause further abrasion on the piece causing more because they double as margarita ingredients as well.
1. You need is some salt and little lime juice. Sprinkle some salt on the rusty spot and then add a little lime juice on top of the salt. Leave it there for a few hours and then, using a small scrubbing or nail brush, work on the spot until the rust disappears. it won’t take much effort, I promise.
2. Using white vinegar and aluminium foil, dipped aluminium foil in white vinegar and scrubbed away the rust.
3. Put baking soda directly onto the rust, then with a toothbrush apply water and scrub. This only apply to items with grain and follow the grain direction when cleaning.
4. Places smaller rusty items in vinegar and let it soak overnight, like rusty tools, and hasn;t needed to scrub any of them!
5. Cutting a potato in half, and then dipping the cut side in dish soap or baking soda. Then apply the soaked end to the rusted area and rub. To keep going, just cut off the used part and re-apply the soap.
Finally, make sure to dry the item thoroughly after removing the rust.