I love the tanginess of the lemon. I like the pasta having a eggy bath, it is just simple to cook fabulous to eat. Here how it started.
- Fusilli pasta (or any pasta you prefer)
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- Half of lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Handful of parsley, fine chopped
- A knob of butter (30g to 50g)
- Put the pasta into a pan of boiling salted water. Boiling about 10 minutes. (refer your pasta instruction)
- While the pasta is cooking, in a clean bowl mix in the cream, olive oil, grated cheese, lemon zest and egg. Whisk it with a fork or whisk until well combine, set aside.
- When the pasta is cook to al dente, drain the pasta thoroughly, then return the drained pasta back to the hot pot and add the butter, and give it a good stir with wooden spoon and then pour in the cream and egg mixture and stir it until everything has combined, place onto your warm serving dishes and sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top. Serve immediately.
I found this is a good way to give yourself a indulgence treat in the evening, with few candle light up, a glass of sparkling white wine, romantic music. That will a definitely fill you up. I promise!