Boxes, bins, baskets will ensure that you stay organized. Schedule regular maintenance to keep on top of everything.
- Sort incoming mail; recycle junk mail and newspaper
- Clear your desk or other workspace
- Hang up and put away backpacks, clothing, shoes, and handbags
- Put away toys and keep it in their boxes
- Leave the kitchen in order before going to bed; clear away dirty dishes from the sink and empty the dishwasher.
- Discard any food in the refrigerator that’s past its prime or date.
- Empty your wallet of receipts and file them
- Sort through invitations and other notice, jotting down important dates in your calendar and tossing outdated items.
- File away schoolwork, such as art projects and returned homework.
- Recycle magazines and catalogues you no longer want, store all others
- File paid bills
- Fill important documents for long-term storage, such as pay slips.
- Delete unnecessary digital files and back up the rest.
- Toss out old cosmetic and grooming products
- Dispose of expired medication
- Discard pantry items that are past their use-by date.
- Replenish first-aid kit
- Sort through clothing, toys and shoes; give unwated item to charity.
- After paying taxes, do a thorough inventory of filed financial documents; shred anything you no longer need.
- Sort through spices and replenish as needed.
- Go through utility spaces; restock equipment, tools, batteries and such, as needed.